Some fun facts about fragrance
• The Ancient Chinese were among the first to utilise scents and essential oils. They used them to keep inner harmony, within living and working paces and within the physical being.
• The Egyptians are the first civilisation that we have evidence for who created distilleries in order to get the oil from flowers, herbs and fruits.
• In Ancient Greek mythology, perfumes and scents were attributed to the Gods.
• Through the Middle Ages, oils were used to cover disgusting smells like raw sewage (that ran in the streets before the invention of plumbing and toilets in the nineteenth century).
• During the eighteenth century it was considered bad form to take a bath.
• Perfume really took off during the nineteenth century and not just for women. Men loved perfume too.
The amazing thing about scent is that the right one boosts your mood and can even revive memories and make old connections in your brain that you had entirely forgotten about. These connections work like a photograph. With me it’s Play-doh and boot polish. I am instantly transported back to my paternal grandparent’s kitchen. Ahhhh. It’s a great memory, and the thing is I can feel it as well as visualise it, because scent seems to link more closely with emotion than pure memory does.
The right scents of course can also make you feel amorous. Depending on your mood you may want to relax or uplift. As an uplifter, a scent like mandarin can revitalize you; mandarin’s refreshing, heartening aroma is both gentle and fruity. It will give you a boost of energy and clarity because of those ripe citrus notes. Ripe fruit smells are noble symbols of fertility and good health. They tend to be chosen by the young or young at heart and by people who are fun loving and colourful.
Lavender is another great essential oil and scent for those who are looking for romance. Because of the calming properties it has and the fresh scent it is a great relaxant. If either you or your partner is feeling tense after work, then using lavender can help to de-stress you. Used as a massage oil it will work wonders for your love life.Vanilla is a magic scent. It is supposed to be especially useful for capturing childhood memories and it reduces stress and anxiety. In fact it has been successfully trialled on cancer patients receiving treatment and has been found to reduce stress among a significant number of them. Animal experiments have shown that there is a quality in the oil itself that de-stresses people and animals, not the associations people have with the smell. Vanilla is great for companionship and relationships.
Finally, being business people, if for you it is all about the profit you can stock some of our wholesale bargains and sell them for a profit. If you want to attract business success and money to yourself you should use fragrances such as almond, bergamot, cinnamon, honeysuckle and sage.